You are very welcome to comment on this blog.

Please feel free to comment on the posts on this blog, it's great getting feedback and suggestions, and to know someone is out there reading this stuff! so please introduce yourselves...

Thursday 19 March 2009

In the studio- the latest painting


Some time ago I vowed that I would update the blog more regularly, unfortunately that hasn't really happened due to being holed up in the studio most of the time. Often I get asked what I'm currently working on and most of the time I am able and happy to talk about the latest painting,and share images of it in progress. At the moment however I am not able to do this as I am working on a private commission, which unfortunately I am not able to share images of. It's a large piece almost double the size of the largest paintings I normally produce and will be heading for Abu Dhabi when it's finished. It seems to be taking forever and I must admit is proving to be quite a challenge. The size of the piece means it's obviously taking a lot longer than usual, it was started in January and despite coming on well now, there is still a lot to do, it has to be finished by mid April so I can see I will be working late into the night on quite a few occasions over the coming weeks. So this is where I spend my time... the studio we had built in the back garden about 5 years ago.
One wall of which is a bookshelf filled completely with reference books - infact well and truly over filled- the plan is to move this to the larger side wall . Not sure when we'll time to do this but it's something to aim for!The tools of the trade! Generally I work with acrylic paints but I'm using oils for the piece I'm painting at the moment.This adds to the time it takes , as they are slower drying and I have to work in a slightly different way to usual, to build up the colours and textures etc, but it definately adds a beautiful quality of light and colour to the piece. I think the end result will be worth the effort.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin