You are very welcome to comment on this blog.

Please feel free to comment on the posts on this blog, it's great getting feedback and suggestions, and to know someone is out there reading this stuff! so please introduce yourselves...

Tuesday 17 June 2008

House Martins Movin in ?






Hi everyone , I've been feeling real down about the fact i have not done any field sketching in a long while , been chained to the studio and you can get sucked into a rut of painting at the easel to long!Well that changed today when through the open skylight windows I heard the chatter of house Martins , Now I've wanted House Martins to nest nearby for a long while I've got such fond memories of them nesting in my old Junior school. Also in the village where I grew up they seemed to nest on almost every building in the old part anyway.So I was thrilled today when one pair seemed to repeatedly make passes up and down the back of our and the neighbours houses. They kept landing just under the fascia boards and genuinely seemed to be scoping the place out. Is this real late though for House Martins to be nesting?? Although Seem to remember being told that they will nest a few times in the breeding season.Well I do hope they are going to move in. I did some Sketches of their activities , and I hope you like them it certainly lifted my day and got me sketching albeit from the back garden!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin